Emergency Medicine Physician Jobs Worldwide
Specialist and Junior Doctor Training and Service Roles for Emergency Physicians
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore, Hong Kong, China
Register with Odyssey for opportunities to work with leading hospitals and clinics across the world. Odyssey recruits specialist emergency physicians and trainees in emergency medicine for permanent, locum and fixed term contract roles. You can expect an outstanding service from our experienced recruitment consultants who will additionally guide you through the immigration and regulatory requirements for your chosen destination.
Consultant and Specialist Roles
If you are looking for a consultant or specialist position, you should have completed your postgraduate emergency medical training in one of the countries listed below and hold the appropriate postgraduate qualification, fellowship or board certification in emergency medicine. Post certification experience requirements vary by country with some countries requiring a minimum of 3-5 years experience for specialist roles.
Most specialist roles are located in Australia, New Zealand, China and the Middle East.
Junior Doctor Emergency Medicine Training and Service Roles
Emergency medicine training positions are accredited for postgraduate specialist training by the Royal College or organisation responsible for overseeing training and examniations in emergency medicine in the relevant country. Each job will be accredited for a specified period of time and level of training (rural/ urban/junior/ advanced) and will have structured teaching and supervision. You should register with the appropriate organisation to ensure your training is recognised towards the specialist training and examniations.
Training positions, titled house officer and registrar, are available in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.
Service positions are not approved for postgraduate specialist training but usually provide excellent clinical experience for physicians looking to acquire some skills in a new speciality and they are often an easier means of entry to a country.
Emergency Medicine Qualifications
- UK: FRCEM and CCT /CESR
- Ireland:FRCEM and CSD
- USA: American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Canada: FRCPC
- Australia and New Zealand: FACEM
- South Africa: FCEM / MMed
- Western Europe: National Board Certification
Register for Emergency Physician Careers
Register your CV on our website, sign up for job alerts, search for jobs and follow us on twitter at @odysseymedic for latest jobs.
Search for Emergency Physician Vacancies
Medical Jobs in Karratha, Pilbara, Western Australia
Awe and ore can be found in equal measure in Karratha. Known for its iron ore operations, this is the gateway to the marine-life rich Dampier Archipelago, the world's most prolific prehistoric rock engraving site, Karijini's four billion year old adventure playground and Millstream's Chichester National Park. It's also one of the few locations where you can witness the Staircase to the Moon.
Living and Working in Karratha Western Australia
- Karratha is a two hour flight or a 16 hour road trip from Perth, and a three hour drive south of Port Hedland.
- Jaburara Heritage Trail, starting from the Visitor Centre, gives you an introduction to the ancient Jaburara people and their legacy - the largest collection of Aboriginal rock engravings on Earth.
- Across the Burrup Peninsular, the Jaburara created more than 10,000 artworks, many dating back thousands of years.
- A short hop by boat brings you to Western Australia's hotspot for marine diversity and one of Australia's best-kept fishing, snorkelling and diving secrets - the Dampier Archipelago. Its 42 islands and islets sit within a 45-kilometre radius of neighbouring Dampier.
- Millstream Chichester National Park - a lush oasis of tree-lined pools, spinifex hills and lily-filled wetlands awaits adventurous nature lovers . You can also follow the tracks of early settlers along the Chichester Range Camel Trail and learn about the hardships they endured.
- Venture further south to Karijini National Park and enter an outback playground of inviting plunge pools, 100-metre chasms and a 1,235-metre mountain four billion years in the making.
- the largest shopping centre in the North West
Medical Services in Karratha
- A new 40-bed facility with significantly expanded emergency department.
- New CT scanner, surgical ward, maternity wing and delivery suites.
- Expanded facilities for outpatients and essential services such as child health and medical imaging, brought together in a single health care hub.
- World-class telehealth services
- Helipad In addition to outstanding emergency and hospital car